As the population increased rapidly, demand for housing also increased. The utility administration first employed the city architect Kasper Salin and then Axel R Bergman to draw drawings for housing. PO Hallman was commissioned by Seth M Kempe to establish a town planning in 1901.
They have mainly tried to help those who wanted to build their own homes. In 1902 land plots were allocated which were divided by surveyors. The area received 150 building plots of about 1100 m². These plots were sold and given to the mill workers. The workers received free medical care, free housing, subsidized electricity and wood for heating by the company. They rented a small piece of land for just over 1 hectare for cheap. The company was also responsible for providing the workers widows and retired workers.
In 1927, Robertsfors municipal municipality was built, which was 53 hectare in size from the beginning but in 1939 was expanded to 772 hectare.
In connection with this, district surveyor Bertil Sjögren and country architect Karl Sörensen made a new urban plan map of the development on the eastern side of Rickleån comprising 71 hectare. On January 1, 1948, the population of the municept was 1279 people.