They wanted to be able to use trees that are used for coal so that is why a sulfite pulp mill was built in 1902-04 near the saw.
The driving force of the boilers was steam from the beginning but in 1910 the water power came from the newly built power station at Fredriksfors and in 1920 it became steam electric power. In 1929, a comprehensive expansion of the factory was made. Because of the sawmill’s shutdown, sawmill waste to the steam boiler house became poor so they were rebuilt so that they could be fired with coal and dry cleaning waste.
On Saturday, June 26, 1948, the factory ceased production. Negotiations with various buyers were ongoing, for example Bulgaria, Holland, USA and others, but in October 1950 they succeeded in reaching an agreement with Celulosa Argentina On December 2, s / s Kalo arrived in Sikeå and loading began immediately. On December 10, 1950, s / s Kalo departed with 1564 tons of machine goods. Ivan Frölander went down to Argentina in early 1951 to help with the planning of the factory etc. The new factory was installed in Piray, located in the district of Misiones in Northern Argentina.
The following press release was announced by TT and the press on February 20, 1948: