Lefebure had applied for a permit to build a mill church and to call a mill minister. This he received on June 2, 1798, but the mill was not exempt from it’s obligations to Bygdeå parish. In the same year the first church was erected in the same place as it is now.
It was a rectangular timber building of 30 cubits (1 cubit = 59.4cm) in length and 15 cubits in width. There was room for 30 benches, sacristy and utility archives. On the thatched roof there was a low tower with a cast iron bell. The church’s garb, the priest’s ornament, baptismal bowl and communionware, and a great Carl XII’s Bible were donated by the mill owner.
The first minister was Johan Kock 1814-1823, E A Nygren 1824-1827, O F Genberg 1827-1845, Jonas Åberg 1845-1848, Erik Anders Rosenius 1854-1864. After Rosenius’s end, there was a lack of clergy. The site then became vacant until 1877 when the parish’s regular priesthood undertook to perform church service once or twice a month.
During the Petersen period, much happened to the church. 1856 – the first organ, 1861 – the grandstand was inaugurated, 1882 – a stove was set up, 1883 – a larger organ, 1888-89 – a new burial ground was erected and the same year the church was rebuilt.
In 1898, the mill ministry was appointed with Johan August Klum who retired in 1913. Then came Alexander Lindström 1913 – 1917. In 1916, the Robertsfors parish, which comprised 135 km² was established with 2650 people.
The old church was torn down because it was too small and it was considered flammable. The present church, which is not made of wood but of stone, was inaugurated in 1958.